Friday, November 12, 2004

Politically Correct

I was listening to the radio today on my way to work. They were talking about the ABC network and how they decided on Veteran's day to pull their showing of "Saving Private Ryan" in favor of showing "Matlock."

I have nothing against Andy Griffith. That show about Opie and Mayberry was damn funny and taught me how to whistle. The reason the movie was pulled was because the FCC wouldn't let the F-bombs and Gore fly and felt it was too obsene. Now I don't care for war movies. But I don't plan on raising such a fuss that people that do enjoy war movies can't see them. Especially on a day where we are meant to honor those who actually fought in wars for real.

Ever since the last superbowl where Janet Jackson decided to bare half at halftime, we've been on a downward sprial into Toyland. The FCC declared that Obsene material would be subject to a huge fine on the networks. The problem was, nobody declared specifically what "obsene" was and now everybody is worried that somebody will be offended too easily and are cutting material that is even questionable so that the moral police won't start a holy war and they won't get fined.

It doesn't stop with the FCC. If you go into any hareware shop and ask for a "Ballcock" the shopkeeper will produce a egg shaped piece of plastic about the size of both your fists put together. I was talking to a friend in the plumber's union, and he says that they are moving to changing the names of some of their parts to be less offensive. Ballcocks are now re-named and "Nipples" (I believe this is an end fitting for a pipe) are as well. These have been ballcocks and nipples for ages, but the public can't stand the idea that there are ballcocks in their toilet tank and nipples under their house.

I guess my message is Buck Up you Fucking Sissys. If you can't take it, ignore it, but don't screw it up for everybody else. Plunging everybody into a world of flowers, clouds, and sunshine isn't going to make the smoke, ash, and darkness go away. I find the news more disturbing then any nipple at halftime or a part in my toilet.

5 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Mr_Nuts said...

You've been getting away this sort of behavior for too long, "Jimbob." Children read this board. Decent, MORAL people read this board. In the above post, you used the following offensive terms:

damn
Ballcock
nipple
fucking
screw
toilet

You will be losing your internet priveleges for a month and will be charged a substantial fine. Thank you.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Jimbob said...

Do you have to count toilet? I mean.. it's a toilet.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Couch said...

boy, I'm glad my posts aren't subject to pcism. I'd never get out of jail.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Jason said...

intense!

love,
jason mulgrew
internet quasi-celebrity

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Mr_Nuts said...

"Toilet" leads to shitting and pissing. Shitting and pissing are offensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home