Tuesday, February 01, 2005

IT'S THE APCOLYPSE!!!!

My god... We've been missing our one rant per day quota people! So, since I have a backlog of cool unfinished rants, but only this one vague idea to write about immediately, this is an impromptu rant that will be written once and not spellchecked, edited, or re-read in any way. I'm on a timeline here at work you see and MUST rant RIGHT NOW!

There was a show promoed on TV the other day that got me thinking. Humans tend to grow in population. Eventually, when humans have stacked tens of thousands of feet in the air, and cover every square inch of land, there will be two choices. Ascend into the heavens, or sink into the depths. Since walking to Mars is out of the question for me, and I'm a better swimmer than a flyer, I would be a depth dweller and this would be my city..

The underwater realm of Jimbob
My underwater realm would be domed. The air would come from breaking water down into 2H2 + 02 and then realeasing the Oxygen into the dome and using the Hydrogen for both fuel for electricity, and also to breathe fire from the 12' Dragon statue in the center of town. This is also the site of the great wheel clock, which completes a turn once per month.

Trade agreements would be made from the local Merfolk. They would trade seafood, for our balloons and beach balls. Each of which are rare among Merfolk. These objects are made from kelp and fish oils as well as blown up with carbon dioxide waste vapors.

Housing would be made from stone huts chiseled out of the ocean floor. Phosperecent algae would be cultivated because without it there would be no light at all. At least the algae would give off that green/blue glow you always see in underwater movies.

Dress would be heavy coats because it's colder than shit down there. unless you're me, then it's jeans and a t-shirt.

Culture.. My domed city would enjoy a hydrogen powered video gaming god-center beneath the 12' dragon. It would be called Dragon Games. Every quarter turn of the great wheel, the towns gladiators would assemble in colesium and do video battle with each other and Merfolk compeditors. The winner would recieve free seafood for a quarter turn (unless it's a merfolk, then it's a flat rate of any combination of 10 balloons or beachballs)

In the event of a squid attack, the dome will be equipped with water cannons that act basically like their cousin the cutting torch, except watery instead of fiery.

Every six turns of the wheel, explorers would ascend to the surface exchanging people that want to leave the dome, for people that want to join on a one to one basis. Also, to buy ham, because pigs don't live underwater and I love ham.

But eventually the world will end or the dome will crack, or we'll catch some merfolk virus or some other thing and the Jimbob underwater civilization will pass into history just like romans and ancient greeks and the people that carved Stonehenge and Easter Island. It'll be found in the future by aliens who will find nothing but a 12' reptile statue and will ponder it's meaning for ages.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Mr_Nuts said...

Good rant, Jimbob. Unfortunately, I'd be moving the other way since water is deadly to me. Bryan's Cloudtop Paradise would be pretty cool too. Maybe I'll write a rant to accompany yours.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Couch said...

this is the first i've checked the site in almost a week. ive got a few on the backburner as well, i just havent felt like writing anything as ive been to busy playing diablo 2 all day everyday. cold sucks jimbob. noone would want to live in a cold place. i hope bryans heavenly paradise is a little closer to the sun and is nice and warm. im sure youd have a huge attraction from those polar bear divers. those people are insane. just like living in a cold underwater envirionment. lets live on the sun instead, much warmer, and much more fuel efficient. everything can be solar powered.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger chewy said...

i'd be screwed either way. if my fear of heights didn't get me, my need for sunlight would. good thing my liver's not going to allow me to live that long.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Mista Collins said...

I would have to move in with Jimbob. Him and I can rule as two kings. I lov ethe cold, I love water, and hanging with Merfolk sounds like fun. Give me cold!! The only way I would side with Mr Nuts, is if all citizens learned how to fly. Because the higher you go, the colder it gets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home