Friday, April 01, 2005

Game Review: GTA:SA Part 2

My second installation of this is going to be a little different than the first. I encountered something awful in my second island adventure. The story turned linear. While I was still allowed to do oddball missions, only one, maybe two at the most of the story missions were available at any time. Also, I lost the gang element I loved so much.

However, Trucker missions became available and while there were very few of them, I gained access to the asset element.

I also played a mission that was almost impossible. It was called "Supply Lines" and after 2 hours, I had to ask the internet what was happening to me. I found that it is almost agreed upon 100% that this is the hardest mission in the game. The object is to take a toy airplane armed with machine guns and destroy five cars that move all around the map. Meanwhile, you expend fuel while doing this so if you can't blow up the 5 cars and still have enough gas to fly home, you lose. Nobody had a real strategy for doing this. Mine was simply to take out four and wait for the 5th one to drive past me. Even that was luck, if the truck got trapped or decided not to pass by I was screwed anyways.

I also learned that jumping off rooftops like spiderman will get you killed. CJ excalims: "Awwww SHIT!" and then a crude splat at the end.

I noticed that the fellow from GTA3 makes an appearance as the guy from Liberty City. Just like always, the guy never speaks. CJ calls him a mute. Nice to see a throwback though.

Truthfully the assets are actually only safehouses. You don't have to do missions to use them, you just get them. Sometimes with a garage, sometimes not. I'm a little disappointed with this piece of the game.

1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Couch said...

sounds, um... interesting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home