Monday, April 04, 2005

Goodbye Sweet Internet.

Today I did the unthinkable, realizing I was paying way too much for comcast and seeing what all their new kids were getting for christmas, I did what anyone else in my position would do. I told them good bye. I packed my bags and got the fuck out.

I did them for a few reasons. One being introductory rates should be so balls fucking gorgious and long time customers shouldn't be treated like shit. I wouldn't even mind average rates for everybody, but no, Jimbob's been around 6 months too long, let's jack up the prices.

I saw a commercial where a classroom was coloring with a standard 12 pack of crayons and the new girl shows up and receives a supersonic crayola 5 million series with crayon erasers and a crayola tattoo needle. "Because she's new". I stood up from my chair and said.. "RIGHT FUCKING ON!!!."

Thinking that Comcast would budge from their anti-Jimbob traditions I called them requesting politely for lower rates.

Comcast: Hello and thank you for calling Comcast. How can I help you?

Jimbob: I want my rates lowered.

Comcast: OK... the best I can do is remove services and get you $7 off.

Jimbob: No. Dish Network has a 39.99 deal.

Comcast: We don't price match.

Jimbob: Give it your best shot.

Comcast: (fumbles around about a full minute then...) I can get you a $15 premium.

Jimbob: $15?! That's it?!

Comcast: Yep.

Jimbob: C'mon... I could go to dish network for $39.99. Your introductory rates are great, give me one of those.

Comcast: We couldn't stay in business if we gave everybody those prices, that's why they're introductory. Dish network is inferior (enters a sales pitch).

Jimbob: OK.. nevermind just cancel all my service effective immediately.

And that was that. As of now there is no TV. Soon no internet either. I am almost gone. So farewell internet, it's been a good time.

If ppl out there want to send me donations. sypter@gmail.com via paypal. Just FYI.. hehehehheh

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Couch said...

thats why i went with yahoo's dsl. they give us the intorductory rates and i talked to a manager who said that as long as i call and complain when they are up they will reinstate them. i got another couple months left, and then i get to bitch them out.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Mr_Nuts said...

Yeah...you should get yahoo dsl. After all, how much of a nerd can you be if you don't have internet? Sweet jesus, even Netzero is only $10 a month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home