Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Where's the Cool-Whip?

I had a rare encounter at my local Kroger last night. My wife needed some salad mix around 10pm and I went to go get some. My shopping list had 3 things. Salad Mix, Cucumbers, and Cool Whip.

The first two were easy. For the life of me, I couldn't find the cool-whip. I searched high and low for about 20 minutes, but no cool-whip. I knew it would be refridgerated, but that yielded no results either.

With all my outs gone I turned to a worker.

Jimbob: "Excuse me, can you tell me where I may find the cool-whip?"

Guy 1: "What's Cool-Whip?"

I was taken aback by that question, but since he asked...

Jimbob: "Cool-Whip is the white fluffy stuff you put on Pie and Cake."

Guy 1: "Do you need the powder or the stuff is already mixed up?"

Again, I was confused by the way this was going, but I answered anyways.

Jimbob: "The stuff that is already mixed if you can swing it."

Guy 1: "I'm new, let me ask somebody else."

Me and Guy1 find Guy2. Guy2 was busy stocking shelves and was a bit frazzled when Guy1 broke his concentration.

Guy1: (From WAAAY downtown) "HEY!!!! WHERE'S the COOL-WHIP!!!"

Guy2: (stops and approaches before replying) "What's Cool-whip?"

Guy1: "You know, the stuff you put on Pie."

Guy2: "Oh, PUDDING! We have a Kroger brand in Aisle 5."

Jimbob: "No, no, no.... COOL-WHIP!!! White fluffy cool-whip! You know?" (I begin to try and sing the jingle)

Guy2: "Dunno..."

I walk away. A bit angry. I felt defeated. I was on my way to checkout to cut my losses when Guy1 showed up.

Guy1: "I don't think he knew."

Jimbob: "No, I don't think so either."

Guy1: (spotting a checkout girl) "Hey, Where's the Cool-Whip?"

Girl: "Aisle 13 in an endcap."

Guy1: "Ahh.. See? She knew!"

Jimbob: "I see that."

Guy1 leaves and I go to check Aisle 13 carefully, but find nothing. I return to checkout to buy what I have. I'm tired now, my slots are failing, I just want to leave, but my job isn't over yet.

Girl: "Did you find everything alright?"

Jimbob: "No."

Girl: "No Cool-Whip?"

Jimbob: "No Cool-Whip."

She then procedes to lead me to Aisle 15 and directly to my Cool-Whip. I bought it and left. My total time spend away from home? 40 minutes. I don't like having only one option for groceries.

7 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Mr_Nuts said...

"Whipped Cream" may have been the password the workers needed. You should've gotten donuts. Good job avoiding the Alien Attack Brownies though....

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Ok, just what were you and the wife doing with cucumbers and cool whip? LOL!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Couch said...

um yeah... and whats with the salad mix? who in the hell buys salad mix anyways?

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jimbob said...

Salad mix is a blend of several key salad vegetables. Primarily lettuce.

I bought 3 cucumbers that night. We used them. All of them. We still have some of the Cool Whip left, but not much.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Couch said...

wow... all three of them? thats pretty impressive. i think the most ive ever used with anyone is two. howd she like it?

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Jimbob said...

Basically we learned rather quickly that one of them was rotten. The other two provided us with a good experience on the kitchen table.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Remind not to eat at your kitchen table. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home