Thursday, December 02, 2004

Dungeon Crawling in My Aunt's Old House

Tragically after a long battle with Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Poor Circulation, my grandfather's only remaining sister died last month. I suppose before I get to the meat of the article, I'll just say that while she was a bit goofy, she always seemed to have good intentions.

Anyways, when you die you usually leave behind a lot of stuff. Stuff you cared about or didn't know you had, maybe stuff with a story behind it. I myself have a very sentimental wooden stick in my garage. But when you die all your stuff which looses it's story or sentimental value becomes reduced to $$$ of some untold amount. My great-aunt had a white stone in her china cabinet. Obviously something of great importance to somebody, but now a simple stone.

Needless to say, there was an absolutely full to the brim dumpster in her driveway where family had discarded her unsold valueless things. I felt shitty about that and wanted to find real treasure. So I set out with my cousin on a dungeon adventure.

We explored the basement. We checked the whole house for loose bricks, loose panels, I felt my hand up spider-web infested cinderblock tunnels. I crawled into the fireplace. We checked the attic. I checked the hidden panels where all the plumbing was. Still nothing. (Except for a T-Square in the attic but it was dirty so I left it)

By the time I left, We had covered the entire house as well as we thought we could, but came up empty handed. So I took a space heater from the garage.

Dungeon Crawling in an old house is stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home