Monday, December 27, 2004

Update + Meatloaf

Well I've almost finished the first fully integrated subsite of this page. I also added some history and other new text. The picture you see on your right was originally drawn by Jimbob and recently modified by myself so as to appear transparent. Unfortunately, JPG files do not support transparency and "Hello" doesn't support GIF files (which do support transparency). So after about 6 hours of playing with Adobe Photoshop and learning Blogger template html the hard way thru trial and error, I finally got the backgrounds to match.

The first post from the subsite will be posted January 1st at 12:01AM to bring in the new year. So far I have the two sites linked back and forth and the counter keeps track of both as the same page. I just need to figure a way to get comments to post on both and I'll be all set. But I think I got an idea for that too... Only time will tell.

Since this was really boring, I'll include a short little rant I once wrote about meatloaf:

Tonight I am eating meatloaf. I didn't make the meatloaf. I didn't cook it. I didn't ask for it. But nonetheless I am eating it. I like meatloaf. I'm not sure why. It is usually just overcooked meat. It is the leftovers after all the other meat has been taken off the shelf. They take what didn't sell, grind it all up, throw in some red gelatin for color, and some vegetables and spices and stuff, and then they mold it into this big bread loaf type thing. It is really not very appetizing. But just the same I like it. Now don't get me wrong. I prefer steak. I love steak. And someday, I'll have me a steak. But not tonight. Because tonight I am eating meatloaf. Because meatloaf is all I have.

Some people think that beef logs are the same but they're not. They are much more pleasant to look at, and contain the leftovers from better cuts of meat. They don't even have to put gelatin in it to hide the nasty green color. Not like meatloaf. Then there's turkey loaf. Turkey loaf is completely different. Turkey loaf is pleasing to look at and is more healthy for you. But it doesn't taste as good. It is alright with lots of gravy and stuff, but on its own it will never be great. Not like meatloaf. Meatloaf puts up a great facade and tastes good. It can fool anyone. But it is really just old rotting meat. Turkey loaf can't fool you. You know what it is as soon as you see it. This is why I like steak. When you cut into a steak, you can see if it is cooked right or not. I like mine blue rare. Some people like theirs other ways. No matter how you like it, you know what it is as soon as you cut it. Not meatloaf. You can cut right through the meatloaf. You can taste it. You can eat it all. You could probably put it through rigorous scientific testing, but you'll never be able to see that it is really just old rotting meat.

I like filet mignon. Sirloin is good to and tenderloin is great, though hard to come by. Some people like porterhouse or t-bones or ribeye. Steak has variety. It comes in all different sizes, shapes, and tastes. Its open minded that way. Not meatloaf. meatloaf will always look the same, taste the same, and be the same old rotting meat. Sure you can put ketchup on it. Or even ranch or barbecue sauce. And it does taste good with them, but alas it is still just fucking meatloaf.


6 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

All meatloaf tastes the same huh? I'll remember that. No Cheesy meatloaf for you!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Couch said...

well cheesy meatloaf is an exception that didnt exist when i originally wrote that little piece. cheesy meatloaf is the bomb, yo! its a step above normal meatloaf. but it is still just rotting meat.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Couch said...

just figured out how to play with text via adobe photoshop, so i reedited the text in the AG symbol picture to an actual font. (comic sans 18pt bold, smooth). here is a link to the picture if anyone wants to use it.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/39/2769/640/bsymbol2.1.jpg

its not truly transperant. the background is set to color 000123, same as the page background. only work around i could think of to get past jpg inability to be transperant.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Couch said...

Wow... im getting good at this...

we now have peek-a-boo comments, a cookie-based system that lets people know if there are any new comments since last time. rant poster's names are now linked to the posters profile. and i have set up mine and staceys posts to always appear in a certain font/color/style/etc.

this should make life a little easier... specially the comment notification thingy.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Couch said...

now just to figure out how to individualize the fonts and such on the comments... and how to send the comments to anyone who wants them via email. the later i think i can do via a yahoogroup setup somehow. id have to create an email address and a yahoogroup. then set the email address to auto forward to the yahoogroup. then set the group to send out instentnious messages to anyone that wants them... the former i think is going to require some heavy htmling...

either is a lotta fucking work that im not going to do today.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Jimbob said...

The text is a welcome addition to my icon. Thanks Couch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home