Thursday, February 17, 2005

Blogs of Note

Well, here we go again. To start off with, I'd like to write a little note about some of the blog surfers out there. These nifty little websites allow you to surf through other peoples blogs and for every so many blogs you view, your site gets a viewing. Here's a quick review of the four that I've actually used.

First off, all of these work the same way. A website comes up. A counter runs from 20-30 seconds. And then you can click on an image or number or color or whatever and be moved to the next blog.

The first blog surfer

Blog Explosion is the first one that came out. Which is why it probably has the most features. This one uses the pick a number variation. Which is one of its biggest downfalls. It's like trying to read those scrambled letter boxes when verifing a new email account. Another large complaint is that they force you to assign at least 75% of your view-credits automatically. This stops people from saving them up until they actually write something worth reading (as is often the case for our site). For the most part though, this is a pretty good one. They've just recently added some new features that were definately for the best and they plan on adding more features yet.


The second blog surfer - slightly better then the first

Blog Clicker is slightly newer then B.E. I don't think it's actually the second one, but it is the second one to take off big. B.C. uses a much more user friendly picture icon system. They are a very easy to navigate site and this is my personal preference. There big downfall is that they allow comercial site to use there service as well. But I believe they recently added something so that you wouldn't have to see those. They too are constantly updating and adding new features.


The third blog surfer - a clunky pile of shit

Blog Crowd outright sucks. For several reasons. For one, they allow blogs of any language on their site. That means that you get to spend hours flipping through shit your can't even read. Also, there whole site is clumsy and their customer service is as bad as all of their sister sites. They do have a few good things though. First they give you 250 view-credits just for signing up. That's an automatic 250 views for doing absolutly nothing. Second, your credits are spaced out over time so you'll get maybe 12-20 veiws a day instead of a flood like B.E. does. And finally, this is the only site whose counter only clicks if you actually looking at the page. If you put it in the background, it stops ticking. So people actually have to look at your site for 20 seconds before they hit next.

and finally...


Something I found floating in the toilet

BlogAzoo. This takes the cake for the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen. It has no good points. To sign up, you have to agree to let them spam you and also agree to never ever spam them. There site is down half the time. Trying to post a comment on someone's blog, will likely fuck it up. And they also do the 75% auto assign like B.E. This site isn't even worth pissing on. *edit: They have a feature called blogcetra that allows you to link your refferals from other blogsurfers and such. Wether they realize this or not, it is there sole claim to fame.

okay... and now for the blogs of note...

Non-Girlfriend ~ A humorous female rant site. I can never tell if its about her personal life or just the acid I took this morning.

Home Detention Lady ~ Proudly putting the "ho" in home detention since 2002. Another female rant site, cept this one is an aspiring S.N.L. writer.

Human Writes ~ This is an excellent rant site. The guy writes just like I do except he posts more often. Expect to read about shit, vomit, sex, and stupid people on a daily basis.

Dataste Tasty Blog ~ All about the tits and ass. 99% of this site is blondes, boobs, and other similar things. Even a picture of two frogs fucking. Doesn't get much better for the hard up male.

Why Television Sucks ~ A pretty good rant site from a Los Angelos dyke. Regular rants about network television stupidity.

Pantyhose Musings ~ The fourth female rant site this time. Her "What My Mother Never Knew" rants have been entertaining my for the last few weeks.

Dead Guy ~ This is a comic strip done weekly on a blog. Pokes a lot of fun at stupid people. My personal favorite... overzealous christians.

A Day in the Life of Paris Hilton's Vagina ~ I've seen blogs from a lot of different perspectives. This one was a new one to me. I hope her vagina keeps writing. Props to Arethusa over at Stalkers not Allowed for showing me this one.

Smorgs For The Bored ~ Truthfully, this blog sucks. It's not really worth looking at. I just put it on here cuz I couldn't find anything better tonite and I wanted to have ten blogs and this one was covered with tits.

ah fuck it... after searching for about two hours on three different searchers i have yet to find anything worth reading. So heres number ten.

Despair, Inc. ~ Its not a blog. But I stole all of the pictures off from the site. Edited them in Adobe Photoshop and made my own screen saver using Webshots. This is one of the best demotavational sites I have ever seen. I just figured since I stole something from them that they are charging money for, I'd send a few people there way. Cuz I'm a swell guy.

Anyways. Thats it for this blogs of note. A few people linked us between the last one and this one but they've all since taken there links down. Dirty whores.

11 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, normally I don't 'endorse' our program in peoples Blogs, but I want to correct a couple things.

* It is a 2:1 exchange, not 8:1. Slight difference.

* I just checked our server logs, and the site has not been 'off-line' in the past month. There have been a few times where a slight delay (usually less than 5 min) may occur as we FTP new info up.

* Yes, we are 'new' here, and bugs may exsist within the Profile Shout-OUTs at times. But if reported, they are usually rectified quickly.

* As far as Spam, we have sent 4 e-mails to our members in 3 weeks. Each one pointed out new additions. We do NOT advertise in our e-mails, PERIOD.

I noticed you are relativily new here (joined 2005-02-16 21:01:48) so maybe give us a chance?

Thanks for this opportunity to express myself. It is appreciated.

Richard Taylor
BlogAzoo Admin Team

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Couch said...

* It is a 2:1 exchange, not 8:1. Slight difference.

every site i visited added .125 credits. i'm not a math expert, but that seems like 8 to 1 to me.

* I just checked our server logs, and the site has not been 'off-line' in the past month. There have been a few times where a slight delay (usually less than 5 min) may occur as we FTP new info up.

I was unable to even login in for over 4 hours yesterday. I tried it off of 4 different computers. And cleared cache and cookies on two of them. EEEEEHHH! Wrong again.

* Yes, we are 'new' here, and bugs may exsist within the Profile Shout-OUTs at times. But if reported, they are usually rectified quickly.

well ya kinda got to be able to log in to report probelms now dont ya... well unless you magically know that the email address for contact support cuz the contact page wasnt working for me either.

* As far as Spam, we have sent 4 e-mails to our members in 3 weeks. Each one pointed out new additions. We do NOT advertise in our e-mails, PERIOD.

well you might want to rewrite your terms and agreement. "As a member, you agree to receive informative updates from BlogAzoo.com and it's Partners, to all email addresses on record."
personally, every time i've seen the word partners on a terms of service it means spam.

I noticed you are relativily new here (joined 2005-02-16 21:01:48) so maybe give us a chance?

yup i am. and after playing or trying to play with you for most of yesterday and thru the nite, i was pretty confident about posting this. i'm also guessing your in a different timezone then me... pacific or mountain maybe?

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Couch said...

btw... anyone is always welcome to comment on this site... the only ones i'll ever delete are ones that are over the top bigotry. and id probably leave them up as well and just call the person an idiot.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Couch said...

my sincerest apologies... i finally found where the rest of the credits are going... you auto assign 75% of each one. still shitty for blogazoo just like it is when BE does it, but not as shitty as 8 to one... ill edit that...

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Arethusa said...

Dude I totally hooked yuo up to the vagina blog. Where are my props?

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Couch said...

For Christ's sake, all people want to do with this one is complain...

Is that better? Happy?

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Couch said...

I will say one good thing about BlogAZoo. They actually respond to their support mail.

If you've ever had to deal with Inspower's support (blogcrowd, blogfaces, ratethisblog, etc) they are the bottom of the barrel. The only way to get a response from them is to threaten to dump their service. They'll respond within 24 hours then. They wont fix your problem. They won't look at your problem. But they will respond.

BlogAZoo actually responded in only a couple hours. Thats almost as fast as the fella's over at Code Monkey Publishing. I wish all sites could be like them. CMP has the absolute best customer service I have ever seen anywhere, hands down.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Arethusa said...

That's much better, although the pleasure has been soured by the fact that I had to tell you. So, ha!

I'm pretty content with BE. Besides the mascot for Blogazoo is kind of...strange

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Ignatius M. Dedd said...

Couch:

Thanks so much for listing me in your "blogs of note." BTW, this is my first time here; you guys are great. Bookmarked, too.

I.D.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

hey add me!! i just started my 2nd blog.

http://misfitmoondchild.blogspot.com/

inky

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Couch said...

inky ~ i'll make sure to check it out before i put up the next one. usually once or twcie a month.

HDL ~ cool. glad to be of service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home