Thursday, September 30, 2004

I am a bass player!

Normally I try to avoid writing about politics. Why? Well it is not because they are controversial. If I had a stance that’d be the perfect thing to rant about but I don’t have a stance. I hate politics, that’s my stance. I’m not an anarchist as I understand the need for them. But I still hate them.

I’m sure I could fill several pages with all the stuff I hate about our very own GW, but that probably wouldn’t be very interesting as everyone else has plenty of bad things to say about him and anyone else who is or ever has run for office. I think it comes with the title. I probably agree with all the bad stuff that everyone has to say about everyone else so I’ll just leave it at that.

What I want to rant about tonight though is the democratic candidate for president, Herman Munster. Yup, that’s right, our very own John Forbes Kerry. (Didn’t we have another democratic president with those initials?) Anyways what I wanted to write about was his connection with the famous 60’s rock band, the Electras. What? You never heard of them? Well there is probably a good reason for that. Unfortunately, now that he is running for president, they are all the rage. They are even re-releasing there garage studio tapes. Whoowahh. JFK was the bass player. And he was mighty talented one too. Ever heard of a bassist by the name of Les Claypool? (happy belated b-day to Les btw.) Well Les is probably one of the greatest bass players to ever live. JFK… well he plays bass almost as well as Les sings. An impressive feat in the least. The vocal stylings of Mr. Claypool can be heard in bands such as Sausage, Primus, Oysterhead, Colonial Les Clay and his flying frog brigade, and several other such bands of phenomenal instrumental talent. Anyways, you should all look up John Kerry and the Electras. There are a million sites out there dedicated to them now. And most of them even got a few tracks you can listen too. If you’re feeling really patriotic you can donate a couple of bucks to this once great war hero who won 3 purple hearts and is hated by most Vietnam vets and has an uncanny resemblance to a TV series version of Frankenstein. BUY HIS CD!!!

Here’s a couple GW quotes for all you republicans that are feeling lonely tonight.

“It’s clearly a budget. It’s got a lot of numbers in it.” 05-05-2000
“I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.” 09-29-2000
“A dictatorship would be a heck of lot easier!” 07-27-2001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home